Prevent and reduce youth substance use and abuse in the Pequannock Twp. community through collaboration, education and community-wide change.
The primary purpose of the Drug Free Communities (DFC) Program is to strengthen collaboration among community entities and reduce substance use amoung youth.
You can find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PequannockTownshipCoalition
1. Implement Environmental Strategies to produce community-wide change
- This is based on the belief that substance
- abuse is a product of multiple environmental
- conditions and circumstances.
2. Focus on the DFC 4 Core Measures
- 30 day use
- Perception of peer disapproval
- Perception of parental disapproval
- Perception of risk
3. Recruit coalition members from the 12 sectors of the community
- Law enforcement
- Healthcare professionals
- State, local, tribal